There was an error in this gadget

Followers

Powered by Blogger.
Thursday, June 2, 2011

Open Bottom Aquariums?

Sounds a little weird, right? I recently came across some video on youtube of aquariums with open bottoms.

I know what you're thinking: "If it has an open bottom, then how does the water stay in there?". That's the same question I asked myself until I saw a few of these strange aquariums.



Open bottom tanks are strange but very interesting to look at. Check out the video to see what I mean.





The way these things work is the the air is sucked out of the upper part by a pump so that the water stays in place. If you want to see how this is done, check out the next video:





There is an open bottom masterpiece that is a must see as well.


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's in Singapore I think and not Japan.

Mrs. JayMay said...

I couldn't find any more information on the exact location so I've revised the article. Thanks for checking. :)

Search

Loading...