There was an error in this gadget

Followers

Powered by Blogger.
Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Garra Rufa Fish Pedicure


Many are shocked to hear fish and pedicure in the same sentence; I think it sounds like shear genius!

Although I haven't seen this written in the news lately, I have heard of these and I'm interested in trying this type of pedicure someday. The Garra Rufa, A.K.A "Doctor Fish", is making a new splash in my "Fish In The News" category.

In case you haven't heard of this type of pedicure, I'm going to explain it to you:

Garra Rufa fish are being used in a spa setting. Some spas have a pond area where you can dip your feet in the water and have the Garra Rufa nibble the dead skin off of your feet. These fish are known to be able to also cure certain skin problems.

I have been searching around the internet and have found that the Garra Rufa are very hard to obtain, that is for your own use. I have also found that it is very difficult to get more information about these interesting little fish.

If you would like to try to find a local fish spa near you, here is a link: Doctor Fish Spa




Photos:

Image 1

0 comments: