There was an error in this gadget

Followers

Powered by Blogger.
Sunday, September 19, 2010

How To Train Your Fish


A small amateur aquarium – tank for 100 liters.Interestingly enough, fish are highly trainable and are a lot of fun to work with. I have owned fish since I was about ten and I didn't know until recently how smart they are.


I began working with my angelfish and I trained them to eat out of my hand; this task takes lots of time and patience.





What I did was the following:


- I began to shake the fish food canister in front of the aquarium just before I fed them. I did this for a few days and they picked up the cue quickly and would go up to the surface to await for their treats.

-Once they learned that I would feed them after shaking the canister, I then began to hold food in my hand for them to eat. Some of the fish were very curious the first few days but didn't budge. Once they learned that I had a treat in my hand for them, they began munching away. Now they eat from my hand without any hesitation.
Here is some video of my fish eating out of my hand: Angelfish eating out of my hand

0 comments: